Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
My boyfriend and I made this recipe from stuff we had around the house one night and it turned out great. Easy, flavorful and healthy to boot! I used a packet of Tyson "recipe ready" chicken breast pieces because I had it on hand, I'm sure any meat would work.
- 1 cup lundberg wild rice (could use any whole grain rice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 2 bok choy, seperated into pieces
- Combine first 5 ingredients in rice cooker and turn on.
- Stir occassionally.
- Cook 30-40 minutes.
- Add green onion and bok choy towards the end of cook time to prevent overcooking.
- Rice package says 50 minutes cook time, but I just test the rice for tenderness.
Yum, this is a tasty and easy recipe for the rice cooker. I upped the cooked chicken to 1 lb and thought that worked out well. I put the scallions and bok choy in the cooker about 10-15 minutes before it was done and it came out perfectly. I added salt and pepper before serving and it was pretty flavorful. Thanks for posting! Wild rice can be hit or miss and this was a good meal.