Recipe by Mary of the Midwest
We love this recipe! After looking at a few other paprikash recipes I saw that a lot of them had peas in them. So I added about a cup of frozen peas to the recipe and it turned out great! I also skipped the step of browning the chicken and onion and just threw everything in and hit cook. I highly recommend it to those with a rice cooker.
Top Review by Demandy
I made this and husband loved it. I thought it was ok but I think I screwed it up by using non-fat greek yogurt in place of the sour cream, it curdled a little bit which affected the prettiness of the final thing. I won't rate, I'd like to try it again, it was super easy.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups chopped onions (about 1 large)
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Hit cook and brown onions.
- Then combine flour and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well.
- Add chicken mixture to chopped onion, and brown lightly and then add next 6 ingredients (through mushrooms) into the pan. Hit cook.
- When it switches to warm, add the sour cream and mix and allow to heat for a few minutes while you get the rest of the dinner completed.
- Then serve it with either, noodles, rice or dumplings.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup).