1/2 Photos of Rice Cooker Chicken Bog
1 hr 30 mins
Chicken Bog is not only a staple in the south but also a tradition. Cooking it is a bit of an art - otherwise - you end up with sticky goey rice or a brown crust on the bottom of the pan. In my quest for perfect every time bog - I turned to my trusty rice cooker. This recipe yields never fail bog with perfect fluffy rice time after time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g chicken thighs, skin on
- 907.18 g smoked sausage, sliceed 1/2-inch thick
- 2 slice pepper bacon, thick cut
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 9.85 ml seasoning salt, lawry's
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper, omit if you don't want the heat
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock
- 709.77 ml raw white rice
- 1In a large pot over medium heat cook the bacon until it is crisp. Remove and set aside to cool. Crumble once cooled.
- 2Add the butter to the bacon grease and brown the sasuage.
- 3Add the onions and cook unitl they begin to brown.
- 4Place the chicken thighs in the pot and add the chicken stock.
- 5Add the crumbled bacon, season salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and cayenne if you are using it.
- 6Bring the pot to a boil and then put on low heat to cook the chicken, about 30-40 minutes.
- 7Cut off the heat and remove the chicken thighs. Let them cool, discard the skins and pick the meat off the bones. Return the chicken meat to the pot.
- 8Place the 3 cups of rice in your rice cooker and dump in the entire contents of the pot.
- 9Push the "cook" button on your rice cooker - at the end of the cycle you will have perfect chicken bog!
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Cooker Chicken Bog
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.4
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.4 mg
- Sodium 1066.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: