Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
LOOSELY based upon some of Justin Wilson's Rice dishes.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice, rinsed thoroughly
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- hot sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium/medium-high. Put the onions.celery,carrot,parsnip and parsley into the pot and cook until the vegetables are soft. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Put vegetables into the rice cooker pot.
- In the same pan, cook the sausage for about 1 minute. Put the sausage in the rice cooker pot.
- Put rice in the rice cooker pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add butter.
- Pour chicken broth over.
- Cook using the regular cycle. At the end, add hot sauce to taste.
- note: the amount of chicken broth is approximately If the rice is too dry at the end just add more broth and let sit ( the warm setting should be on) for a few minutes. if the rice is too wet, well next time use a bit less broth.