Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Printed from Cooks.com. Found in my search for rice cooker recipes. All times are estimates, depending on your type of rice cooker.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 lb ground meat, brown & drain before mixing
- 1 lb sausage, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 -3 whole tomatoes, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion tops or 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in rice cooker.
- Serve when rice cooker goes off.
Using the rice cooker for a casserole sure is conveinient, It works fine.... I went w/ other readers reviews and used only 1 meat, the grnd beef.... for my taste I definetly need the sausage for MORE FLAVOR... I will try it again with the sausage and maybe add some diced green chilis.
I thought this recipe was so good! I left out the hamburger, thought the one meat was enough. I used brown rice to make it a little better for us.
If you like cabbage rolls, but don't like the hassle of making them, try this recipe. It's wonderful and easy. I keep browned hamburger meat in the freezer (buy in bulk, brown and separate into 1-2 lb. packs) so the prep time is cut in half. Just pack the rice cooker and walk away! I used brown rice and it worked well.