Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a great reason to dig out your rice cooker! And, it's so worth it! Great flavors, easy to prepare, travels well, and it's a people pleaser!
Top Review by Annette L.
Wow, that was good. I had made brown rice and wanted to spice it up with some green chilies. <br/>When I read "crowd pleaser" I thought I'd give this a try. Delicious. It is a healthy brown rice dish with sort of a Mexican inspired risotto flair. I will make this often. The extra sharp cheddar I used gave it a nice richness.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 cups water (I use little of both) or 3 cups chicken stock (I use little of both)
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomatoes, cooked, peeled, seeded, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray rice cooker pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add first 3 ingredients and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook about 40 minutes, or until rice cooker shuts off. Stir in remaining ingredients, except cilantro.
- Cover and allow to stand 10 minutes more. Serve with cilantro.