Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy noodle soup made 100% in the rice cooker.
Make and share this Rice Cooker Asian Noodle Soup With Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons wakame seaweed
- 1⁄4 cup bonito flakes
- 1 large shiitake mushroom
- 2 ounces firm tofu
- 1 1⁄2 ounces udon noodles
- 1 1⁄2 ounces soba noodles
- Place water in rice cooker. Turn rice cooker on to "cook".
- Place all ingredients in water and leave to boil. If noodles stick out of water, this is ok as they will go limp and all be covered to cook as the water heats up.
- Once noodles are cooked to desired consistancy, turn off rice cooker and serve in a bowl.
- You can add soba sauce, furikake, or other toppings as you wish.
This is worth a trip to the Asian market for ingredients! The only little change I made was to make the bonito broth, and strain it first, because the little flakes get too gummy for my tastes if you leave them in. This is such a classic combination of flavors, and tastes just wonderful. It's also good with all soba noodles, but I'm just a big fan of soba in general. Great recipe, thanks for sharing it. (For PAC Spring 2010)