Recipe by WiGal
This recipe is from a KENYA AND TANZANIA site and is specifically a Swahili recipe. It is a starchy staple and they "serve it with curry or main dish". I have added a 3/4 cup of liquid since looking at Weekend's reviews. Posted for ZWT4.
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and wash rice.
- Bring the coconut milk and water to a boil.
- When boiling, pour in the rice.
- Add salt.
- Leave to cook on medium heat.
- When nearly dry, cover well.
- Turn down the heat and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- (If you have a rice cooker, put all of the ingredients in the rice cooker and turn it on.).
- Watch it to make sure it does not burn, adding more water if needed to keep it from burning.