Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice gluten free recipe for potlucks or for lunch.
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1 cup corn, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 yellow onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- paprika (to taste)
- Slice onions and fry in the olive oil until browned. Remove from pan.
- Chop red, green, yellow bell pepper and garlic and mix with cooked rice, chickpeas and corn.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, mix well and season with salt, pepper and paprica to taste.
- Mix in the browned onions (they should still be warm when mixed in!).
- Can be made ahead, but should be taken out of the fridge about one hour before serving for the flavors to develop.
I don't know how I missed this for so long. It delicious and I love the texture. It's a lovely meal in it's self, I had a small dish for lunch and it was very satisfying with a cup of tea. So glad that this was offered in For Your Consideration..
I made this using white rice instead of brown. I also added in some black olives. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010
Wow Mia! This is a great salad. So colorful and healthy and delicious. I added some green onions I had left over and also added a tiny bit of vinegar. Frying the onions before adding them really made it special. I served roasted chicken thighs with it but it could be eaten just by itself. Danke fuer ein tolles Rezept :)