Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Never tried it before... let me know how it turns out
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 cup celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- lettuce (optional)
- Combine oil, vinegar, onion, sea salt, and curry powder.
- Toss with rice, mixing well.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, peel tomatoes, remove stem ends. Starting at the top, cut tomatoes into fourths, cutting about 2/3 of the way down.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add rest of ingredients to rice mixture. Blend well.
- Serve in tomato cups on lettuce.
This is wonderful! Very tasty. I didn't peel the tomatoes & still don't see a reason to. This is nice & easy with a fabulous presentation. I would use smaller tomatoes. Just make sure they're really good tomatoes - nice & red & ripe. These tomatoes could be filled with this rice salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, tofu salad, etc., etc. A nice summertime lunch item.