1/3 Photos of Rice Chex Candy
This candy is crunchy and chewy and very sweet. It's one of my favorite treats at Christmas time. This recipe makes a large batch but it freezes very well. My grandma makes this in the microwave so I've included her microwave cooking instructions. I estimated the serving size to be about 1/4 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine Chex cereal, almonds and coconut in a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 2Combine butter, corn syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- 3Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture reaches 235°F (soft ball stage).
- 4Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla; stir well.
- 5Pour candy mixture over cereal mixture. Stir until well combined.
- 6Spread on wax paper to cool.
- 7Store cooled candy in an airtight container.
- 8This candy freezes remarkably well!
- 9It makes a pretty gift given in a jar or cellophane bag tied with a ribbon.
- 10It's very sweet and highly addictive!
- 11*Microwave instructions:.
- 12Combine butter, corn syrup, and sugar in a microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave on high 5 minutes.
- 14Microwave 5-10 minutes longer until mixture reaches soft ball stage.
- 15Add vanilla and baking soda; stir.
- 16Pour over cereal mixture.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Chex Candy
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 147.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g