Recipe by *Nabiha*
Make for delicious appetizers or snacks. Adapted from a recipe by Al-Muhaidib foods.Prep time does not include soaking time for rice and refrigeration time in the second last step.
- 2 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (1/2 inch cubed)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon spices
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice very well and soak in salted warm water for 30 minutes.
- In medium pan, boil chicken stock with seasoning.
- Drain rice thoroughly and add to the stock. Return to boil and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Cover the pan tightly, and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep rice aside until cold.
- In medium bowl, mix cool rice with the eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Batter will now be sticky so dip your fingers into water and form mixture into 1 inch balls and stuff them with a cheese cube each.
- Roll balls into beaten eggs then into breadcrumbs, refrigerate for 30 minutes before frying.
- Deep fry the rice balls and serve with pizza sauce or ketchup.