Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super simple dish for nights when you want to cook but don't have a lot of time. From Southern Living, March 1986.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 dashes ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Combine cooked rice, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and red pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, and bake, uncovered, another 5 minutes.
I thought this was a nice, easy side dish that I would try again. I would definitely add something else to give it a bit more flavor, definitely salt and maybe use a sharp cheese. Thank you for the recipe!
This is very good. I used colby cheese. Next time I will make I will use Pepper Jack cheese. I think that will replace the cayenne pepper. This is a good make ahead recipe. Just bake ten minutes more if this is chilled. If it is chilled, the cayenne flavor is more pronounced. I will make again and again, especially for my 15 year old. He loves spicy or hot food. Thanks for posting!
Never heard of this dish before. It's everything I love in a recipe: easy, quick, and delicious. Versatile, as well; I could serve it as a side dish with anything. Thanks for sharing!