Recipe by JenSmith
Super simple dish for nights when you want to cook but don't have a lot of time. From Southern Living, March 1986.
Top Review by Munchkin Mama
I thought this was a nice, easy side dish that I would try again. I would definitely add something else to give it a bit more flavor, definitely salt and maybe use a sharp cheese. Thank you for the recipe!
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 dashes ground red pepper (cayenne)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cooked rice, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and red pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, and bake, uncovered, another 5 minutes.