Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adapted this recipe from "The Best Of Bridge" cookbook series. Makes a great side dish.
- 3 -4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cook bacon in heavy skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan; break cooked bacon into crumbs.
- In reserved bacon fat drippings, cook the onion, celery and green pepper until celery is tender;drain.
- Mix all ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
I made this recipe quite some time ago, but never posted a review. This is a great side dish and a nice change of pace over plain rice. I will definitely make this again!