Recipe by LorenLou
Serve with London broil or any other grilled beef. From the family cookbook.
Top Review by Boca Pat
Delicious and so simple. I did cut the recipe in half, as there's only two of us, but followed your directions exactly as written. The cheese, sour cream and chilies blended so well with the rice, giving it such a great flavor. We really enjoyed this alot. Thanks LorenLou
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups cooked white rice (hot)
- 2 cups sour cream (I use reduced fat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 large bay leaf, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies (drained)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray 12x8 glass pan with cooking spray.
- In large skillet, saute the butter and onion until golden, about 5 min.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the hot cooked rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, bay leaf, and salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly to mix well.
- Layer half the rice mixture in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Next, layer one can of the chiles on top, then half of the cheese.
- Repeat the rice, chiles, cheese layers once more.
- Bake uncovered, 25 minutes or until bubbly and hot.