Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 6 carrots, grated
- 3 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute or 4 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons nonfat parmesan cheese or 4 tablespoons lowfat parmesan cheese
- Combine the carrots, rice, onions, herbs, and cilantro in a bowl, and stir well.
- Add the milk and egg substitute or egg whites, and stir well.
- Coat a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat), and spread the mixture in dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
Easy to do but I did find it a little bland . . even with a bit of hot sauce added. I mixed black bean sauce and oyster sauce into the leftovers and stuffed this into a tortilla, covered it with cream of chicken soup and baked it a while. This was filling and good. Thanks Dancer^.