Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Philippino rice cakes to serve with stews and curries. They are fluffy and delicate in texture.
- 240 g rice flour
- 300 ml water
- 130 g sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon eno salt
- Combine rice flour, water, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Rest batter to 15 - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat steamer.
- Mix Eno salt thoroughly into batter with whisk.
- Pour immediately into chinese teacups or moulds and place in steamer and steam over high heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
I really enjoyed this recipe. Wioth the sour cream I also added feta cheese to give the filling more substance (or mabe I just love feta cheese and can not do without)! Also I had baked the sweet potatoes the day befoe as they took to long and I was HUNGRY! I will be making this one again! YUM!