Delicate golden patties, especially good with fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the rice and salt into the boiling water.
- 2Cover and cook slowly until the water is absorbed, 7-10 minutes.
- 3Add the milk, stir, cover, and cook 10-12 minutes more, or until the rice is tender.
- 4Stir in 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- 5Spread the mixture on a shallow plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- 6Beat the remaining egg in a shallow dish and put the crumbs on a piece of wax paper.
- 7Shape the well-chilled rice mixture into 6 conical or patty shapes, pressing firmly together.
- 8Carefully dip each cake into the egg and then cover with crumbs.
- 9Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a skillet with the oil.
- 10When hot, fry the cakes until golden brown; don't cook them too quickly or the insides will remain cold.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.1
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 775.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.3 g