Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicate golden patties, especially good with fish.
Make and share this Rice Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle the rice and salt into the boiling water.
- Cover and cook slowly until the water is absorbed, 7-10 minutes.
- Add the milk, stir, cover, and cook 10-12 minutes more, or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Spread the mixture on a shallow plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- Beat the remaining egg in a shallow dish and put the crumbs on a piece of wax paper.
- Shape the well-chilled rice mixture into 6 conical or patty shapes, pressing firmly together.
- Carefully dip each cake into the egg and then cover with crumbs.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a skillet with the oil.
- When hot, fry the cakes until golden brown; don't cook them too quickly or the insides will remain cold.