Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very quick to make and very tasty. Do not use the instant pie filling.
- 1 cup quick-cooking rice (instant rice)
- 160 g vanilla pudding mix (cooking type not instant)
- 4 cups light cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Combine rice, Jell O pudding and pie filling mix NOT THE INSTANT, cream and eggs. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full bubbling boil. Remove from heat. Pour into ovenproof serving dish. Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Chill 3 hours. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over surface of pudding. Broil 6 inches from preheated broiler until sugar caramelizes, about 1 1/2 minutes. Serve when sugar hardens or chill again and serve cold. Serves 10.
- Since I could not find Jello O pudding to cook, only instant, I used (Dr. Oetker) Shirriff's cooked pudding & pie filling Mix.
- Easy Cooking with Brand Names.