Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a quick and easy dessert recipe you can whip up in a flash with leftover rice!
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (or margarine)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Mix applesauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, pecans, butter and rice in a medium bowl.
- Pour into a greased 8" baking dish. Top with graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, ice cream, or lemon sauce.
A neighbor I sometimes cook for had been talking about the bettys her mom used to make, so thought I'd make this one up for her! Followed your recipe right on down, using some of my homemade apple sauce, & it was a big hit! Definitely a winner! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]