Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite soups to make! This recipe took top prize in it's category at our local rice festival for our state. Delicious served with hot bread sticks too!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 lb Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook broccoli according to package directions in a large saucepan.
- Drain well and add remaining ingredients, except paprika to broccoli in saucepan.
- Cook over medium to low heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly heated and cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
- May substitute regular Velveeta cheese for Mexican Velveeta; Cream of Mushroom soup for Creamy Chicken Mushroom soup.
I thought this soup was fantastic. Unfortunately I am watching calories and couldn't quite bring myself to put the whole amount of cheese in. Just used about 2/3. Probably could have gotten by with half. I used fresh broccoli and steamed just a bit. I had leftover brown rice, which is why I tried this. I will make this again when I can indulge without so much guilt!!!