Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This, to me, is like a comfort food. Don't omit the chestnuts or nuts, they add a nice crunch.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 jar Cheese Whiz
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package chopped broccoli, cook & drain
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, cooked
- salt, to taste
- water chestnuts, sliced or slivered almonds
- Saute' celery and onions in margarine.
- Stir in Cheese Whiz, soup, broccoli, rice, salt and chestnuts (or nuts).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Exactily like my recipe with one exception--added Ritz cracker/butter topping. I love this recipe. Thanksgiving side and for Casseroles in Cooking Photos.