Recipe by strawberrybird
An easy casserole, which is easily adaptable. Add other veggies, such as sliced carrots or zucchini, or use tuna or chicken instead of salmon. You can also top this with crushed fried onions for more crunch.
Top Review by Louisa C.
We enjoyed this casserole. I used frozen broccoli and half white/half brown rice and did NOT precook it. At 30 min it was still crunchy so I have it back in the oven for another 10. Flavor is great! I would definitely keep the crushed red pepper because it gives the dish a kick and a unique taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Whisk in cream of mushroom soup and milk.
- Add garlic salt, crushed red pepper (if using), broccoli, rice, salmon, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole dish, 8 x 10 or larger.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining cheese, panko, and parsley. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes (40 if using brown rice).
- Remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes.