Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have never made this, but I will soon. It was given to me by my friend Marge who died of cancer not long after.
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups cooked white rice
- 6 large beaten eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups whole milk (or half and half )
- 2 slices French bread, cubed and buttered
- Butter a 8 x 8 inch pan or a pan large enough to hold amounts.
- Mix all ingredients together, and sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired.
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees.