3 hrs 45 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
A chewy bread recipe from Cooking Light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1 1/2 cups water and rice in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 3Spoon rice into a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- 4Stir in 1 1/4 cups warm water.
- 5Add 2 cups flour and yeast to rice mixture; stir well to combine.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap; let stand 1 hour (batter should become very bubbly and almost double in size).
- 7Add 2 cups flour and salt to batter; stir 1 minute with a wooden spoon or until well combined.
- 8Scrape dough onto a heavily floured surface; sprinkle dough with 1 cup flour.
- 9Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
- 10Divide dough in half.
- 11Working with 1 portion at a time (cover the remaining dough to keep from drying), roll each portion into a 14 x 7-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- 12Roll up each rectangle tightly, starting with a short edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seam and ends to seal.
- 13Place each roll, seam side down, in an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 14Lightly coat the loaves with cooking spray; cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 15Preheat oven to 375°.
- 16Bake for 45 minutes or until loaves are lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped.
- 17Cool in pans on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Bread
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 195.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g