Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fast easy salad for summer evenings.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed,drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagecrumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Mix all ingredients.
Everybody loves it, a great make-ahead dish.
My step-daughter gave me this recipe and it is to dye for. Loved everything about it. My sis and I subed purple hule peas one night for the black beans and I would not recommend that to anyone. I did cut back a little on the Feta cheese for personal preference, but other than that made as directed. Can't wait for garden fresh veggies.
This was a great side to grilled chicken on a hot evening. I omitted the celery, and used fat free dressing and reduced fat feta, with good success. We think it would also be good with grilled shrimp. Thanks for posting!