Recipe by cooking in cairo...
This is a staple in all Egyptian houselholds. Its super simple, but looks and tastes great! Make it place of plain white rice and serve with any dish. Especially good with Molokheya (recipe posted). Enjoy!
- 2 cups short-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup fideos, noodles (shareyah)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan add butter or oil and melt.
- Add fideo noodles and stir until a golden brown.
- Add white rice, stir until rice is white opaque color.
- Add 3 cups water, salt and stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to super low, cover and cook for approximately 25 minutes.
- You can check rice by tasting after 25 minutes.
- A compliment to any dish!