Tulsi Regmi's Note:
This is a rice stire-fried with chicken and vegetables in Nepali spices, a party favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 1 cup grilled chicken breast, cut into 1-in pieces (lamb or shrimp can also be used)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 fresh red chilies, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 dried red chilies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped for garnis
- 1In a frying pan, heat butter.
- 2Add dried red chilies and turmeric; fry for 15 seconds.
- 3Add garlic, ginger, and fresh chilies.
- 4Fry for another minute or so.
- 5Add chopped onion and red bell pepper; cook until lightly brown.
- 6Add chicken pieces, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 7Stir fry five minutes.
- 8Add rice, yogurt and toasted cumin seeds.
- 9Cook until all the liquid is absorbed and rice grains separate.
- 10Garnish with chopped scallions.
- 11Serve with sekuwas and bhutuwas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Bhuteko (Rice Stir-Fried with Chicken, Nepali Style)
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 172.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: