Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful salad for southwestern style meal.
- 2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili hot beans, undrained
- 1 fresh tomatoes, diced (more crunch with the fresh tomato) or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (more crunch with the fresh tomato)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons salad oil
- When rice is good and cold, fold in the beans, tomato, celery, green pepper and onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, chili powder, vinegar and oil; MIX WELL.
- Pour over salad and toss gently.