Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV's Note:
Quick recipe, great for mornings on the go or anytime you're feeling 'snacky'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2Thoroughly mix the rice, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
- 3Add the dry ingredients to the rice and egg mixture.
- 4When thoroughly mixed, drop by spoonfuls into the hot oil (about 360 degrees F) and fry until brown.
- 5Drain on paper towel.
- 6Or, drop onto cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until firm to the touch. When baking they will not brown on top very well. Watch for browning on the bottom .
- 7Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with honey and serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Balls
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 314.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g