Recipe by Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV
Quick recipe, great for mornings on the go or anytime you're feeling 'snacky'
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Thoroughly mix the rice, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the rice and egg mixture.
- When thoroughly mixed, drop by spoonfuls into the hot oil (about 360 degrees F) and fry until brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Or, drop onto cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until firm to the touch. When baking they will not brown on top very well. Watch for browning on the bottom .
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with honey and serve while hot.