Recipe by bjd4
A while back I saw rice balls being made on the Food Network. Always said I should try those. Well today had leftover rice in the fridge and thought why not. Resting time in fridge is not included in prep time.
- 2 cups rice, Thai Jasmine
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, finely diced
- 3 slices corned beef, finely diced
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- mozzarella cheese, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge mozzarella pieces in small amount of flour.
- Mix together first five ingredients.
- I just added a sprinkle of salt and a grind of pepper.
- Spray your hands with spray oil.
- Lay about 1 tablespoons of mixture in your hand, place 1 mozza cube on top and place about 1 tbsp more of mixture on top of cheese.
- Cup hand and rotate mixture back and forth from one hand to the other until small ball has formed.
- Place on plate lined with parchment paper in fridge over night.
- Next day place in freezer for 1/2 hour before deep frying.
- Scramble 1 egg in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix together fresh bread crumbs and flour.
- Coat rice ball in egg mixture and then coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Coat in deep fryer at 375 for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Served with oven roasted pork chops, a mustard/onion sauce and veggie stir fry.