This is from Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious Cookbook. I have not tried this one, but am posting recipes upon request. The author indicates that the chicken can be left out of the recipe for a vegetarian option.
My Private Note
rice ba ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup short grain brown rice or 1 cup leftover cooked rice
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken cutlet
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup pureed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup pureed spinach or 1/2 cup broccoli, puree or 1/2 cup butternut squash puree
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat cracker crumbs or 1 1/2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1If needed, cook the rice according to package directions.
- 2Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray, heat, then add 1 tsp olive oil. Cook the chicken until no longer pink, 4-5 minutes.
- 3Cut the chicken into pieces, then place into a food processor. Add the sweet potato puree, cheddar cheese, buttermilk, and blend until smooth.
- 4Transfer the mixture to a bowl, then add the rice. Roll into 1 inche balls and place them on a tray lined with waxed paper or aluminum foil.
- 5Combine the egg with vegetable puree in a shallow bowl. Then put the breadcrumbs into a second bowl.
- 6Roll the rice balls into the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs.
- 7Use the remaining 2 tsp of oil in the non stick pan. Cook the rice balls over medium heat until crispy. 5-7 minutes total. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Balls
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 15.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 77.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken cutlets
reduced-fat cheddar cheese
whole wheat cracker crumbs