Doreen Randal's Note:
Spring has sprung in the Southern Hemisphere so it's time to get the salads ready to go with the barbies. This one goes well with steaks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gradually add the rice to a large quantity of boiling salted water; boil rapidly for 12 minutes, then drain well.
- 2Spread on a tray and separate the grains with a fork to allow each grain to dry perfectly.
- 3Fry the bacon and onion; sprinkle over the rice. Toast the almonds in a pan until golden brown.
- 4Put the rice, cucumber, almonds, capsicum and pineapple in a salad bowl.
- 5Add French dressing and toss lightly.
- 6Refrigerate until serving time. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- 7New Zealand.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice-Bacon Pineapple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 277.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 8.1 g