Recipe by Mindelicious
This recipe is adapted from Lundberg Rice and uses brown rice syrup instead of sugar or HFCS. This would be delicious served along side coconut ice cryym!!!!
- 6 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups cooked brown sweet rice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup (Lundberg Sweet Dreams)
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked oats
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, spread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the apples, cane sugar, and water over medium heat until apples are soft.
- Combine the cooked rice, apples with sauce, lemon juice, rice syrup and pour into a 9x13 inch pan prepared with non-stick oil spray.
- Mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cut in vegan butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over rice-apple mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.