Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is adapted from Lundberg Rice and uses brown rice syrup instead of sugar or HFCS. This would be delicious served along side coconut ice cryym!!!!
- 6 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups cooked brown sweet rice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup (Lundberg Sweet Dreams)
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked oats
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, spread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Cook the apples, cane sugar, and water over medium heat until apples are soft.
- Combine the cooked rice, apples with sauce, lemon juice, rice syrup and pour into a 9x13 inch pan prepared with non-stick oil spray.
- Mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cut in vegan butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over rice-apple mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.