Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This make a wonderful slow cooker meal also!!
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (40 g) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, chopped
- In a large covered casserole dish or slow cooker, add the chicken stock, water, olive oil, soy sauce, and dried onion soup mix. Stir to combine. Add uncooked rice and vegetables, mixing thoroughly.
- If using a slow cooker, use the hgh setting for the first 30 minutes, then reduce to low and cook for an additional 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally. If using an oven, cover the casserole dish and place in a preheated 350F oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until rice is completely cooked.
This is so easy to make and with great results. For my veggies, I used frozen corn, grated carrots and edamame. Thanks for the recipe