Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The following recipe is an outcome of my love towards platters recipes. one meal platter dishes not only looks smashing but it contains all variety of food. the recipe is simple to make and is healthy as well. hope you all enjoy them.
- 250 g red kidney beans (boiled)
- 100 g peeled chopped tomatoes (or passata)
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g red capsicums
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
- 2 -3 fresh garlic cloves
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 fresh red chile (omit if you do not like spicy food) (optional)
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
for crispy potatoes
- 2 potatoes, par bpoiled in microwave
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup rice
- For crispy potatoes:.
- Par boil the potatoes in microwave.
- Peel the potatoes and cut it in about 5mm thick slices.
- Fry the potatoes on high flame until crispy.
- Take them out on a kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- For rice:.
- 1 cup rice.
- Soak rice for some time.
- Make rice as usual in microwave or hob and keep aside.
- For bean curry:.
- Take a pan, pour olive oil, add onions saute them for 1 min and add garlic; saute again for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 3-4 min, now add tomatoes, chili,beans, salt, oregano, garlic salt, dry basil, tomato ketchup, stir them and let it cook for 10-12 min on med falme.
- Now add capsicum and few fresh basil leaves and further cook for 5 minute.
- Check the consistency of the gravy, if too thin allow it to cook for few min more.
- Turn off the heat once curry is done.
- How to proceed:.
- Take a serving plate, fill cooked rice in a nice bowl and press it with a spoon.
- Place the rice bowl upside down on the serving plate on one side, pour good amount of beans gravy on other side of the plate but covering little bit of rice portion.
- Place some crispy potatoes on the leftover side and garnish with fresh basil and red chili.
- Enjoy the meal.