Recipe by KissaMew
I make do sometimes, as most of us do. A simple recipe in a rice cooker. Inexpensive and pantry friendly. This is probably bland for some people, but it would be tummy friendly to sensitive stomachs, as well as filling. Use a rice cooker, except for the skillet to crumble and brown the ground turkey in. Substitute as you like. (Use left over chicken or diced roast, perhaps?) Keep it simple.
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) cangolden mushroom soup
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Add rice, water, and Golden Mushroom soup to rice cooker.
- Set cooker on white rice setting.
- In a skillet, crumble in and brown ground turkey.
- After about 12 minutes, open the rice cooker and stir the ingredients, then stir in the ground turkey.
- Drain the peas and stir in the rice cooker also.
- Close the rice cooker and finish cooking, maybe 5 more minutes.
- Serve and add pepper and salt to taste at the table.