Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
An old favourite, that I seem to have been making forever. Reheats well for lunch.
Make and share this Rice and Tuna Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Shell: Combine 2 cups rice, melted butter, 1 tablespoon onion, mjarjoram and beaten egg.
- Press into bottom and sides of lightly buttered pie dish.
- Filling: Layer can of drained and flaked tuna evenly over rice shell.
- Combine 3 beaten eggs, milk,grated cheese, onion and marjoram.
- Pour over tuna.
- Bake in moderate over for 50- 55 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted in centre.
This was really good. I didn't know what "Bake in moderate" meant, so I baked in 350 oven, and that worked fine. Also, I could only find 170 g cans of tuna, so I used less than the recipe, but it still turned out very well. The marjoram is a wonderful flavor for this.
This was OK, but not quite enough flavor for our family.
This was a really good recipe. I used it as a guideline I guess you could say. I started out fine, but ran into some problems with no ingredients on hand and had to change somethings. But all in all it is a good recipe. The good thing about this is you can use any filling you like. I did use the tuna, however next time I may try chicken with salsa :)