Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend Nancy served this salad at a backyard barbeque years ago, and I had to have the recipe. I've been making it ever since and it's always a hit. I often make it a day ahead and then bring it to room temperature and add the nuts just before serving.
- Cook rice in salted water according to package directions, then let cool.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out the water.
- Toast almonds in a 250-300 degree oven till light brown.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar or cruet and shake well to combine.
- Toss together cooled rice, spinach and onions.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight to combine flavors.
- Add toasted nuts just before serving.
- Can be served cold, but it's better at room temperature.
I needed a quick starch/salad recipe that didn't need heating up. This fit the bill beautifully! I doubled the recipe and it was still polished off. Will definitely make it again!