Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was adapted from a Cambell's Soup recipe. I started making my own sauce to cut back on salt and adding different ingredients to make it more.....me!
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml margarine (melted)
- 354.88 ml milk
- 385 ml can1% low-fat evaporated milk
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml parsley
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 453.59 g Italian sausage (I use venison, it's leaner, cooked halved and sliced)
- 354.88 ml cooked rice (Basmati is good)
- 473.18 ml mushrooms (halved)
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets
- 236.59 ml carrot (julienned)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese (optional)
- Combine flour, margarine, milk, evaporated milk, oregano, parsley, garlic and soy sauce in blender.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Pour into medium pot and heat until thick and bubbly (about 10 min).
- If using cheese add to sauce and stir until melted.
- Put rest of ingredients into medium casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over veggies and meat and stir to coat.
- Add more milk if necessary, mixture should be fairly liquidy but not overly runny and should cover all ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.