1/1 Photo of Rice and Sausage Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
This was adapted from a Cambell's Soup recipe. I started making my own sauce to cut back on salt and adding different ingredients to make it more.....me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (385 ml) can 1% low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I use venison, it's leaner, cooked halved and sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice (Basmati is good)
- 2 cups mushrooms (halved)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot (julienned)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Combine flour, margarine, milk, evaporated milk, oregano, parsley, garlic and soy sauce in blender.
- 2Blend until well mixed.
- 3Pour into medium pot and heat until thick and bubbly (about 10 min).
- 4If using cheese add to sauce and stir until melted.
- 5Put rest of ingredients into medium casserole dish.
- 6Pour sauce over veggies and meat and stir to coat.
- 7Add more milk if necessary, mixture should be fairly liquidy but not overly runny and should cover all ingredients.
- 8Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes to an hour.
- 9Remove and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice and Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.3
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.5 mg
- Sodium 2019.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat evaporated milk