Prep 4 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Suitable for babies aged 8-12 months. Can be frozen.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
- olive oil
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (approx)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (approx)
- Cook rice in boiling water until soft, drain and set aside.
- Pan fry the spring onions in a little oil until soft.
- Allow to cool a little.
- Combine rice and spring onions in a bowl.
- Add the mashed potato, broccoli, wheatgerm.
- Mix well.
- Chill in the fridge until the mixture is firm (usually a few hours).
- Once the mix has firmed up, roll into small balls roll in a mix of sesame seeds and breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a little olive oil until golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper towel.