Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make side dish. It goes well with chicken.
- 4 cups cooked rice (white, yellow, or aborio)
- 1 cup frozen peas or 1 cup fresh peas
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients and stir.
- Serve with sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top.
Very good! I used Smart Balance Light instead of butter and added more than the recipe calls for because I like buttery rice. I was also out of parmesan and opted to sprinkle the top with fat-free cheddar. Loved the peas and bacon in it and it was hard to stop eating this rice.
I used leftover rice I had cooked in chicken broth, garlic, parsley. I did not add the bacon or cheese, but did have some leftover chicken and frozen peas to use up, added a little bit of red pepper to create a tasty dinner! Quick and easy!