Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is how I make rice and peas. It is a nice side dish. Very easy and quick.
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, optional depending on how salty stock is (optional)
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas (put peas in a small seive and run warm water over them, drain on a paper towel)
- Saute the mushrooms in butter until golden.
- Season with pepper and thyme. Set aside.
- Bring stock to a boil and add rice.
- Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add peas and mushrooms.
- Warm through and check for seasoning.
You can't go wrong with this quick and easy rice dish. I did not add the salt as I find the chicken stock gives the dish the right about of saltiness for us without adding any extra. Great side dish that will go with just about any meal. Thanks for sharing it, ConnieCooks, it's a winner for sure.