Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very fine accompaniment to Escovitch Fish, my favorite Jamaican dish.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pigeon peas (or field peas)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in dutch oven over med-high heat 2 minutes.
- Add rice and next 3 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer 25 minute until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in peas, parsley, a squeeze of lemon, and salt.