Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lovely, colourful accompaniment for pork chops or chicken.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat; fry the onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and rice; stir for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, cinnamon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- With a fork, stir in the peas and heat through.