Recipe by Derf
Nice starter salad, crunchie
Top Review by Sherrie-pie
This was delicious, if a little dry. Next time I make it I'll increase the amount of dressing. I substituted the peaches with apricots and the cashews with pine nuts. (I didn't shop for the recipe - spur of the moment decision). It was different and really good. Just be prepared to increase the amount of dressing if you feel you need to. Thanks Derf.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, virgin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces sultanas, soaked
- 2 ounces currants, soaked
- 10 ounces cooked brown rice
- 3 ounces almonds, chopped
- 2 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 2 ounces cashew nuts, chopped
- 15 ounces peach slices, in natural juice,drained and chopped chunky
- 1⁄4 cucumber, cubed
- 4 ounces cooked red kidney beans
- 6 black olives, pitted
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a screw top jar and shake vigorously until thickened.
- Mix together the soaked fruits, rice, nuts, peaches, cucumber, beans and olives.
- Pour the dressing over and toss thoroughly.
- Serve on a bed of shredded crisp lettuce or endive.