Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice side dish for your favorite meal or serves 3-5 as a vegetarian main course.
Make and share this Rice and Mushroom Delight recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain brown rice or 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup cashews, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook rice with broth in an automatic rice cooker.
- In a skillet, melt butter over med-low heat, and sauté onions and mushrooms until onions are soft but not brown.
- Remove from heat, and add lemon juice, wine, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Combine with cooked rice.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Bake, covered, until heated through (30-45 minutes).
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped cashews to garnish.
Fresh & easy dish. Other than the flavour I like the fact you can pre-cook the brown rice ahead of time. Then closer to meal time you can saute your vegys & through it together. Then if you have a convection oven, you have brown rice ready in less than 30 mins. Due to preference, the only change I made was to omit the nuts. All the other ingredients were bang on but found it was only enough for 8 servings. A keeper recipe, thanks for sharing.
I used long grain white rice with wild rice. I didn't add the butter at the end. The taste was perfect without it. And instead of cashews, I used slivered almonds. I'm so glad to have leftover for tomorrow :) Thanks for this great recipe :)
Easy way to fancy up rice for a side dish. I would add some dried herbs next time, though, for a little more flavor. Some thyme or rosemary, maybe. I used toasted almond slivers, instead of cashews.